Here is a brief list of what must be done before the release of the first preview of Calliope:
Fix some bugs in the board related to z-order and overlapping;
Redesign the game-choosing screen; (see screenshot below)
- Provide a button to create a new game;
- Provide a simple registration interface for new users.
I am going to document every step forward in this post, adding short comments and striking off items as soon as I implement them.
Update 12/6/2011 – Online preview of Calliope has been delayed after a set of private tests gave not-so-encouraging results, read here for more.
Update 9/5/2011 – The new front screen of the application:
In a future version, the icons on the left will depict the current progress of the game.
Would you like to join development? Let me know!
Today I fixed a couple subtle bugs in Calliope core, and I am one step closer to releasing the first preview. To celebrate I’m going to publish some screenshots of the main interface in action, and a todo list of what is missing before the first preview/demo, hoping that will help keeping me on track.
Here comes the first screenshot:
You can already notice a couple differences here from the first screenshot:
- Buttons are labelled in English;
- The graphics of the letters has changed slightly;
- Rack has been redesigned too, and own letters have been highlighted in dark gray.
There are also some new elements: first of all there is a simple label on the top of the screen, indicating what the turn number is and what the current player is; there is also a green frame surrounding the word “preview”. That, as you can easily guess, means that the word is correct.
Now, if I move the letter “S” from my rack up into the board…